Monday, May 09, 2005

busy


I'm organizing an STS workshop tomorrow, and I'm exhausted. I spend too much energy when the burden is on me to get everything right. It looks like we will have a good turnout.

I checked the participant list for the triathlon. Seven women registered in my age group (45-49), six who are 50-54 (one of whom is in my swim group and is much faster than me), and one in the 60-64 year old age group.

At least it all keeps me away from my feelings about mother's day. I sent my mother several kinds of white tea--I figure if I send a gift I don't have to actually say anything. But there was a prayer in church Sunday about how wonderful our mothers were, and it just made me feel that there must be something wrong with me. One of the nice things about the Episcopal church is that the service is so set that that kind of thing usually doesn't happen.

No comments: