Sunday, May 08, 2005

swim/bike/run


Today is the closest I will come to doing the whole triathlon beforehand. I swam 20 minutes in the lake, no wetsuit, and got to a very comfortable rhythm. Then I got on my bike in my wet clothes and rode the whole 11 mile bike course. Then I put on my running shoes and ran just the YMCA driveway--only 1/4 mile but just to test out how it will feel.

The clothes worked well, though I learned I need to tie the drawstring of my shorts if I swim without a wetsuit (haven't decided). I tried drinking water and eating half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while on the bike and that seemed to work well. After I got home and stretched my blood glucose was 118, which is just where I would want it to be. My only problem was that my wet braid flopped on my back in a most annoying way while running. Tomorrow when I do my usual 2 1/2 mile run I will try tucking it into a hat, though it won't be wet.

No comments: