I've avoided the lists of questions, but I did this one on Facebook because it is unstructured. I figured I would post it here too. Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
1. I did a half-ironman in 2007 (http://deeplanguage.blogspot.com/2007/10/full-race-report-south-carolina-half.html).
2. I'm signed up to do Beach to Battleship full in November (http://www.beach2battleship.com/)
3. I wasn't an athlete until I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 48.
4. I love intensity but I didn't really know that about myself until I began racing.
5. The only pill I take daily is a supplement to reduce stress and depression (http://us.naturalfactors.com/search.asp?mode=List&pid=762).
6. I am depressed about my husband's illness (Parkinsons and the early stages of Lewy Body Dementia).
7. When I was a teenager I wanted to be like Mr. Spock on Star Trek.
8. My other hero/role model was May Sarton.
9. I didn't expect to marry or have kids.
10. My children make me happy.
11. My parents were atheists--what started me on the path to being a churchgoer was reading Mary Daly, Beyond God the Father.
12. These days I go to two churches most Sundays: Episcopal and UCC.
13. I pray mostly when I am having trouble getting to sleep or back to sleep.
14. I want to simplify my life but I have too much stuff.
15. I'm very self-critical but I am trying to learn to be gentler with myself.
16. I wish other people saw that I'm hurting inside.
17. I'm not big on privacy because when I was a child privacy protected the abusers.
18. I haven't touched alcohol since I got pregnant for the first time.
19. I have never had my ears pierced.
20. I don't regret having missed all the things I would have learned in Girl 101 except not being able to teach them to my daughter.
21. I love my Scion XB but my Ford Escort was special to me because my first car was a Pinto stationwagon.
22. My favorite food has long been lobster, but rasberries and blackberries are a close second.
23. I like milk chocolate better than dark chocolate.
24. I wish I were better at making friends.
25. I didn't mind turning 50 but now I am not looking forward to the next 10 years of my life.