Sunday, December 14, 2008

bedmaking

We have one of those air adjustable beds, and my side had a slow leak for months. Finally it got bad enough that I faced the problem and disconnected and plugged the air hose on my side to see if the problem was the bladder or the pump. Turned out the problem was the pump and so I called the company and they sent me a new one (for a small fee--we had some warranty left). I've been waiting for someone to help me move the bed to install it for a week, but finally gave up and John did it with me. We actually did better than I feared with moving the cedar chest and the bed.

Then we changed the sheets and put on a new comforter cover, and that was where John had a hard time. Some of his problem was fine motor skills like buttoning the comforter cover, but where he commented on his difficulties was that he got confused with the process of putting on the cover. My method is to turn the cover inside out and lay it on the bed, attach the comforter at the corners, reach inside the cover and grab the far corner, and then turn the cover right side out with the comforter inside. It does sound confusing when I write it. It is a lot easier to do with two people than alone.

No comments: