Sunday, August 17, 2008

college trip

John and our son have gone to Ohio to visit colleges, flying there and then renting a car. They come back late Tuesday evening. John was convinced he could manage this on his own. I had concerns, particularly as our son doesn't tend to pay attention to what is going on around him, but I don't have time to do it myself. I am somewhat reassured because John did do a driving evaluation last week, with a occupational therapist, and he reported that he passed but she had some suggestions. But mostly I am praying for them.

I did a race this morning so I wasn't here when they left, but John called me between flights so they got off ok. He asked me to ask about his wedding ring, which he thought he had left at Kanuga two weeks ago. After my race our daughter and I went up to Kanuga to see cousins who are there this week. I asked at the front desk and was told they had found a wedding ring and wondered why nobody called about it. Hopefully it is still locked in the housekeeper's office (but she wasn't there today).

No comments: