Monday, December 17, 2007

vacation


Grades are in, and I think I've even responded to all the students who have looked at their gades and complained. I'm fairly far along with Christmas presents. My daughter is taking exams for the first time and has been studying hard. I arranged for flowers to be delivered to her today and she was very touched.

I've suddenly gotten into music. My new car has outlets for an Ipod or MP3 player, and so I bought a cheap MP3 player (a refurb from Woot) and learned how to transfer CDs to it. I set it to shuffle, and so in effect I have a radio station of music I like. And I've been very much enjoying listening to it. I probably haven't listened to anything in the car for 20 years. I thought it was that I like silence; I didn't realize how much it is that there wasn't anything on the radio I liked.

I've been buying some music--it didn't take my long to fill up my 1 gig player. New favorites:

David M. Bailey, Hope: The Anthology
The Collector's Paul Robeson
Madalyn Barbero Jordan: Presence

No comments: