Friday, March 02, 2007

Nutrition


I just saw a link and was reminded that I love the article Michael Pollan published in the New York Times magazine a few weeks ago on nutrition. I don't follow all of his ideas, for example I eat a lot of meat in order to eat low carb to control my diabetes. But it is one of the few mainstream places where I have seen the idea:
indeed, many date the current obesity and diabetes epidemic to the late 1970s, when Americans began binging on carbohydrates, ostensibly as a way to avoid the evils of fat.
But I particularly like the debunking of the latest-research approach to nutrition. I do take a vitamin pill since I was diagnosed with diabetes, but I carefully picked one that had moderate rather than high amounts of vitamins and did not try to include all the minerals (I've read too much about copper that sounds worrisome).

No comments: