Wednesday, May 17, 2006

pictures


I'm trying to decide what to hang in the two spaces I have in my new office. In my previous office I had bookcases mounted on both walls up to 7 feet, and then had a blanket hanging above the bookcases on one side. I had two long narrow quilts on the walls that didn't have bookcases. Now I have two pieces of wall at more normal picture height. I may hang one of the narrow quilts, but I could hang something framed.

My favorite framed poster that I have put away is a poster Larry Rivers did for the Art at the Armory show in 1987 that is a takeoff of Duchamps' Nude Descending a Staircase. But nobody will get it, and it is more obviously nude than the original. Maybe I should buy something new, but I hate to do that when we have more art than will fit in our house. Maybe I will try the Walden Pond framed poster that is sitting in the attic and see how I like it.

No comments: