Monday, April 03, 2006

travel


I was in Detroit Friday to Sunday for a meeting of the Executive Council of the Society for the History of Technology. This trip wasn't as exhausting as many are, perhaps just because it was shorter. I did also make an effort to keep up my training. We were staying on campus, so I swam before dinner on Saturday and ran in the arboretum early Sunday morning. Combine that with long meetings and trying to get enough sleep and I hardly had a minute to myself, but I think it helped my stress level.

I got home and hurried to make a flourless chocolate cake for my daughter's birthday. Ingredients are 1 lb. chocolate, 1 cup butter, and 8 eggs, using this recipe. It is actually very low carb for a dessert made without artificial sweetener--using 70% cocoa semisweet chocolate and counting it as 14 servings it comes to 5 grams of carbohydrate per serving.

No comments: