Tuesday, August 17, 2004

summer is over


Classes start tomorrow. I'm desperately trying to finish a few more revisions to the Forest Service manuscript so I can send it out. I did get my syllabi done yesterday. I'm trying to figure out a new exercise routine, but it isn't going to be easy to find time on weekdays to bicycle.

I did go out for about an hour and a half in the middle of the day today. A young guy dressed up as a very serious cyclist passed me, and then when I turned onto another road he made a u-turn and turned onto the road I was on and passed me again. When I turned off that road I wondered if he was going to do it again--I was going to call out to him "You shouldn't be proud of passing me--I'm old enough to be your mother." Actually, I was pleased with myself he didn't leave me behind too quickly.

No comments: