Wednesday, December 04, 2002

Snow in the South

It is raining here now, not slippery at all, but some mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rain is predicted. Yesterday the traffic was a mess--everyone was out buying bread and milk. It is a tradition to buy bread and milk when snow is predicted, even if no one in your family drinks milk. Most of the schools have already closed, though the university hasn't, since about half the students live on campus or within walking distance and this is the last week of classes.

Last year there was a day with a couple of inches of snow and I checked the TV school closings and my kids' school wasn't listed. So I took them to school only to find it was closed--the TV station had missed listing them. The next day the snow had completely melted so I didn't check the TV, we just headed for school, only to find it was closed again. Coming from Massachusetts I find this very frustrating.

No comments: