Saturday, June 20, 2009

changes

Yesterday I took John to try out a lift recliner, and he liked it. Now I need to find a medical equipment place that is a preferred provider for our health insurance and see if buying one there (with the insurance paying $300 for the mechanism) actually comes out cheaper than buying one from a furniture store. John isn't on Medicare yet, but I did get a message from someone at our insurance that with a letter from the doctor they will cover it.

I assembled a couple of shelf units for Aunt Florence. She is buying specialized things so as to get every possible bit of storage space in her smaller apartment. She wanted John to assemble them for her and he tried the first one and couldn't manage it and asked for my help. I just wanted to get it done today so that I will have as much flexibility as possible tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am trying to think of something special to do for myself. I cooked an early father's day dinner tonight so I can put myself first tomorrow. It is a big change of mindset for me to do something for myself on my birthday instead of expecting my family to do it for me. It feels like going in the right direction, if only I can figure out what I want to do.

2 comments:

Joann said...

I have on several birthdays decided I wanted a cake and a little recognition, and knew that no one else would do it, so I've brought my own "party" (cake and drinks, plates, forks, etc.) to work and shared with my colleagues. I kind of like having my own "party" because you KNOW what's up.

I'm glad you have a day off from stress and tension. You have such an adventurous spirit lately, maybe you can cross an item off your "lifetime wish" list?

no1daughteroflewydad said...

Happy Birthday Pam. Have a wonderful day.