Saturday, November 08, 2008

John's travels

John is in Texas for 10 days to see family and friends. I spoke to him Friday and he said his travel on Thursday had gone well. I asked him if he had a schedule for when he was going to be where, and he said that he hadn't made plans yet (except with the friend he is staying with initially). He said he got off without his book of phone numbers so he would have to go to a library and try to find numbers for people. I could help him with that; our Christmas list is on my laptop and so even though I am at a meeting in Pittsburgh I had most of the phone numbers he wanted.

I'm a little mindboggled that he hadn't made arrangements in advance with the people he wants to see. I don't know how much it is that I've always been the one who needs to have things organized in advance and how much it reflects his difficulty now with getting things done. "Has John always been this way?" is a question that confuses me so much now.

Cell phones help--I don't need an itinerary in order to reach him. Next I need to reset his cell phone voicemail password (which he has forgotten) so he can listen to messages.

No comments: