Sunday, July 20, 2008

Race day

Here's where I was at 6 am today:

What you are seeing is the area where the athletes are setting up their bikes and gear, with the pool behind. My results were: swim 400 meters 11 minutes, transition from swim to bike 2 minutes, bike 11.6 miles 49 minutes, transition from bike to run 2 minutes, run 5 kilometers 46 minutes for a total time of 01:51:39. I was 103rd out of 123 women and 5th out of 5 among women 50-54.

I enjoyed myself a great deal. I had a peaceful night alone in a hotel room. And I spent a morning in which I never thought once about how John's illness is changing our lives. I also wasn't slower than in a similar race in May, which I feared I would be.

Things were fine when I got home, though John doesn't get anything done while I am away. He is now filling out the Social Security Disability form.

1 comment:

Stella said...

Good for you!! Life goes on.