Monday, February 25, 2008

hospital


My husband had outpatient surgery today, general anesthesia and all. We got to the hospital at 8 am and left about 2:30 pm. All went smoothly and he is not feeling too horrible this evening. Certainly not as badly as my daughter did after having her wisdom teeth out--his was laser surgery, which apparently reduces the trauma a lot. I hadn't expected it to be so long a day, and it wasn't like I could go far because I had maybe an hour and 45 minutes between when they took my husband to the operating room and when the doctor came to talk to me and then about an hour after that they brought my husband from the recovery room to the room where I was waiting. Tomorrow I have to take him to the doctor's office to get the catheter out.

2 comments:

Joann said...

Sorry J. had to have surgery. I hope he recovers quickly. Laser sounds good, but for guys a catheter is a really huge bummer. If he has pain pills, he needs to take one about an hour before they remove the catheter.

Best wishes to you taking care of him, and for his swift recovery/good outcome.

Isis said...

I wish you both well in this. I hope his recovery goes very smoothly. I know surgery can be tough both on the person having the procedure and on their caregiver.