Monday, September 03, 2007

empty nest


My daughter and I both at times answered the question of what would I do when she went away with "train for an ironman." I did decide to sign up for a half-ironman at the end of the month, even though I'm not sure I can finish before the cutoff. So yesterday I did a 57 mile bike ride (with 5,700 feet of climbing) and today I ran 9 miles.

My daughter seems to be doing well--she has called only every other day and she is complaining mostly about wanting more. Her classes start Tuesday.

Today we have a Monday night football game here at 8 pm, so we get Labor Day off for the first time ever. Already the town was full this morning, and lots of people setting up their tailgating. Evening games give the fans too much time to get drunk; I'll be hiding out at home this evening.

No comments: