Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kanuga


Because of our kids' activites we moved our week at Kanuga to two weeks later than usual. Luckily this is a less crowded week and we were able to get a cabin, in fact the same cabin we have had the past two years in an earlier week.

Today I took my long run in the morning. I had a loop in mind I had done before, but I wasn't sure how long it was. It turned out to be 6 1/2 miles long. I would have added a little extra to it, as ideally I would have liked to run 8 miles for my long run today in preparation for my race in two weeks. But it started raining steadily just about when I was at the farthest point of the loop, and I didn't enjoy the second half. I'm glad I didn't push on--as it is my arms just above the armpit got badly chafed by my wet shirt.

I went to church in the morning and then this afternoon took a hike with my husband and kids and a cousin (who is here with his family--we didn't know they were going to be here) up Eagle Rock. We ate some icecream and then I hurried down to the waterfront to do the dam swim--about half a mile total across the lake and back. A good day.

No comments: