Thursday, June 14, 2007

July trip


I've spent several hours figuring out our trip to Glacier National Park. The kids and I first spend a week with my family at Elkhorn Ranch, then rent a car in Bozeman and drive to the park. I couldn't get a hotel inside the U.S. part of the park, but I actually like what I ended up with better. We spend one day driving through the park on Going to the Sun Highway (if it is open--their target date for opening is July 1), another day taking a different road into the park to go to the Many Glaciers area, and then two days in the Canadian part of the park. I've saved the route on Gmaps Pedometer, but it lost my route twice so I've done it only roughly. Switch to the satellite view for a better sense of the area. We spend one night in Columbia Falls west of the park, two nights in the town of Dabb east of the park, and two nights in Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada. I even got a room with three beds at all three places. I've enjoyed the two times we stayed in West Yellowstone at the Dude/Roundup Motel, and I think these places will be similar.

No comments: