Friday, April 13, 2007

tired


Today after I taught my class I was in one meeting (a committee interviewing different people) from 12:30 to 5 pm.

It feels more tiring than bicycle camp yesterday. We did a time trial in the rain Wed. night--4 miles and I averaged better than 17 mph. Yesterday we learned to ride in a paceline. We were divided into to groups based on our time trial times, and to my surprise I was in the faster group. I was the weakest person and most inexperienced person in the group, so it was hard. It was an interesting experience but I didn't like it--I like bicycling being my alone time, not paying attention every second to other people. After lunch we worked on being more comfortable on our bikes in crowded situations--we started out with a coach on foot reaching out to touch us and ended up riding with a partner around a grass field bumping each other shoulder to shoulder. I think only one person took a fall.

Tomorrow we ride up Ceasar's Head, a six mile climb averaging 7%. Our total ride is supposed to be about 60 miles.

1 comment:

Joann said...

My sandals came in the mail day before yesterday. I'm so excited because they don't look "special." My feet need a little time to get used to the straps, but the foot bed is great! Brian warned me that I wouldn't get as much advantage from the sandals as you do, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Hope your bicycle camp truns out to be what you wanted. L. has to have ear surgery later this month, so might not make the retreat -- will have to see how the boy does. The surgery will be at Scotish Rite so it's anticipated to go well as it can. Still a little scary though.

Anyway, hope things are going well for you.
Peace,