Wednesday, November 08, 2006

early morning run


I woke up early today, feeling stressed about some old feelings I have gotten deep into working on this week. But it was a lovely morning; it rained all day yesterday and the air was soft this morning. I met a friend who is starting running and I ran with her around the track a couple of times. Then I headed out on the road, and I decided that it was light enough to run the dike loop rather than an out-and-back. It was just beginning to get light and everything was dark blue, not just the lake and the sky but the trees as well. There were rowers on the lake, close enough that I could hear their oars. A large flock of geese was resting in the lake, squawking occasionally, and a great blue heron flew along the shore below the dike. A good day to be alive, even if the local election results are depressing.

No comments: