Thursday, July 13, 2006

off to a race


After driving much longer than I expected to Hartsville last year I said I didn't want to do any races that far away. But once my first Olympic distance race went well I wanted to sign up for another in the fall, and that one is associated with the end-of-the-season banquet and awards ceremony for the Palmetto State Triathlon Series. I looked up the series information, and you need to do 5 races to be eligible for series awards. Are there going to be more than 3 women in the 50 to 54 year old age group who do 5 or more races in the series? Doing 5 races did require doing one more distant one, and I picked this one. It should be fun to do a flat course. I don't know if I can beat my Clemson time--the swim is a little shorter but the bike is 15 1/2 miles instead of 11 miles.

No comments: