Wednesday, March 16, 2005

traveling


If I'm really organized I can go swim tomorrow morning at 5:45 am, go home for 5 minutes at 7:30 and pick up my son to drive him to school, and still be at the airport in time for a 9:45 am flight. I'm hoping I will get some quiet time at this conference.

But I'm really stumped trying to pack. It is supposed to be in the 70s in Houston, so my dressy red long-sleeved fake suede shirt won't do. I'm no longer willing to wear my old XL and 1X short-sleeved shirts, which I did wear last summer even though they were somewhat big then. I've bought some size M short sleeved camp shirts, but it turns out they are all pretty causual.

I don't even know what I would want to wear. I haven't worn dresses in years, and I'm going to need a different approach to how to look somewhat dressed up in pants than the nice tunic shirts I wore when I was heavier. Most of our female job candidates these days seem to wear twin sets, but those have never appealled to me. I guess I had better go look at the blazers in my closet from 20 years ago.

No comments: