Wednesday, January 26, 2005

swimming


I went to swimming yesterday expecting humiliation. I had asked my husband to stop by a swim meet in town over the weekend and buy me flippers, and he forgot. So we had been told to bring flippers, and I only had the ones I use for snorkling, which are longer and less flexible than the ones swimmers use for training. And we needed flippers because we were going to work on the butterfly, which I never learned as a kid.

It turned out ok. The coach said my flippers would do for now (and the new ones I ordered arrived late yesterday). We started working on the butterfly kick on our backs, and at first it seemed impossible. But then I got the feel of it, and it is actually rather cool. Because you move your legs together it feels like being a dolphin.

No comments: