Tuesday, November 30, 2004

nuclear stress test


It didn't start out well--they had to stick me 5 (yes five) times before successfully getting an IV started. I then waited quite a long while, but it was my cardiologist himself who finally showed up. He was clearly thinking as he watched my heart rate go up, and he let me go until I said I was getting close to my limit. I reached a heart rate of 201, comfortably. The abnormality in the EKG didn't show up this time--he had the previous results in front of him and apparently this time it was just different.

They put the radioactive material in me while I was on the treadmill and then I got to go eat before going under the camera. This time lying absolutely still for 20 minutes was harder--my nose itched. The doctor said he will call with the results tonight.

No comments: