Wednesday, July 07, 2004

car shopping


I stopped by the car dealer we have bought from for 15 years to see if they had anything that met our needs for a fairly low mileage used minivan. When the salesman took me in the meet the manager, the manager said: "cyprus green Voyager, live in Clemson..." He had been the salesman who sold us our current minivan in 1998. I remember vividly too--I told him the price he was offering us was garbage (there were various rebates from Chrysler, but no discount from the dealer). He did finally get us a better price on that car, but only because my husband and I are good at doing the good cop bad cop routine, and I'm the bad cop. I suspect he isn't going to be able to come up with a good enough price this time, since the car he has that is closest to what we want has an awful lot more options than we care about.

No comments: