Tuesday, June 08, 2004

rain


I set an early alarm so I could arrive before sunrise at the dike where I run in hopes of seeing the transit of Venus. I read a story about it in the Economist that made me want to see it for history's sake. I've seen a total solar eclipse, but never a transit of Venus. In fact I found the fully exposed and fully developed 4x6 film I made in high school for observing the partial phases of the solar eclipse, and got them out for the transit of Venus (though they are faded and chipped). But then when I went out the door I discovered it was raining lightly.

The rain actually stopped when I got to the dike, so I could run. I haven't figured out how to deal with eyeglasses (very nearsighted), rain, and running. When I walk in the rain I use an umbrella.

No comments: