Wednesday, March 10, 2004

mammogram followup


I got a call last week that there was some question about my mammogram and they wanted me to come in to have more xrays taken. So I went in today, and had two more views taken, then the radiologist looked at those, then they took two more views, then the radiologist decided they needed to do an ultrasound. They did the ultrasound and then the radiologist told me they didn't see anything suspicious, just some normal fibrous tissue. After going through so much it is hard to absorb the word that it is nothing.

When I first got the call to come back, my first thought was at least I have done everything right. This mammogram was just a year after the last one (and I haven't even quite hit 50). My thought was "If there is a problem I won't have to blame myself for what I didn't do."

1 comment:

Robin said...

I had a similar situation. I just had my very first mammogram and was called back for a comprehensive screening, waited until the radiologist looked them over and they wanted a few more. They did not do an ultrasound but said they wanted me to come back in 6 months -- this didn't put me at ease so i'm considering a second opinion