Friday, January 30, 2004

politics


There is a candidate selector here. The results I got were:
2. Dean, Gov. Howard (83%)
3. Sharpton, Reverend Al (79%)
4. Clark, Retired General Wesley K. (79%)
5. Kucinich, Rep. Dennis (74%)
6. Edwards, Senator John (67%)
7. Kerry, Senator John (64%)
(#1 is an ideal.) I am puzzled how I can have Sharpton and Clark tied for second. If their views come out as that similar how good is the selector?

I found another selector that is somewhat more specific about the issues. It gives me:
#1 Carol Mosley-Braun
#2 Howard Dean
#3 Al Sharpton
#4 Dennis Kucinich
#5 John Kerry

Most of the people I've talked to here are focused on who can win, but I'm inclined to vote my own views in the primary, among the four who have a chance, anyway. The selectors are interesting because I thought I knew who I agreed most with but wasn't sure I had been following the issues closely enough.

No comments: