Wednesday, December 17, 2003

good news


I went to the doctor and got the results of some blood work. My Hemoglobin A1c, which measures average blood sugar, was down from 6.5 to 6.2 (actually, I had hoped for even better). My cholesterol panel still had the excellent numbers I have always had--I was worried that would change either as a side effect of the diabetes or because I am eating a somewhat more fat and protein because I have had to cut back so on carbohydrates to keep my blood sugar down.

I didn't get the results yet for female hormone and androgen levels. The doctor thought I would probably turn out to have high androgens. But without the evidence to talk about I didn't get to use the line I have been thinking about: "But I don't want to be less masculine!" Very hard to find any information on that, though I found one web site that lists "a hard-driving personality" as a symptom of high androgens.

No comments: