Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Connection


Is it possible to speak the truth? No, I don't mean some absolute truth, I mean being real, being who I really am. Dorothea writes of something like what I mean. I spoke with feeling about some of my current struggles in a Sunday school class this past Sunday, and it actually went ok, if I don't get hurt by the people who will now act like it was never said. But it is so rare that people do share what is inside. I really really don't want to live by social conventions but it is hard to get past that (particularly in small town South Carolina). The other side of the problem is how much will anyone else actually understand. I want to believe that not so much the details but some of the meaning can be understood. That seems crucial to me to life being worth living.

No comments: