Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Kanuga


I was at Kanuga for my church's annual retreat. I went to the first scheduled session, then decided I needed my own time for thinking and writing and spending time with my husband more than I needed to attend the program. I was actually interested in some aspects of the program because there was a component involving making artwork, but I didn't like the style of the leader. The first retreats I went to were Faith at Work women's events led by Marjory Bankson and the team she put together. From her I learned the importance of leading by vulnerability and providing ways in which each person can express their own experience privately then bring what they want back to the group. I'm not inclined to give a second chance to someone who talks at the group for an hour, even if they ask occasional questions of the whole group.

No comments: