Wednesday, January 15, 2003

continuity


I realize one thing that I didn't learn very well as a child was continuity (actually I suspect a lot of this is about what psychologists call object permanence). If anything changes or if I am away for a while I don't expect a relationship to still exist, still be real. I don't adapt well to change because I feel like I have to start new in everything. I think that is why for me it is very meaningful just to have this blog be a place where there can be room for the very different parts of my life in one place. Part of the lack of continuity is switching from one role to another, and I definitely see one of my tasks in this stage of my life to be developing more commonality between those different roles.
P.S. I hope republishing fixed my archives. Another kind of continuity.

No comments: