Wednesday, November 13, 2002


Hospitals

I went to a meeting this morning that was intended to encourage interdisciplinary cooperation, particularly in the humanities and architecture, around issues of health care. The most striking comment was one of the architects who said some of our worst experiences of the built environment are in health care settings.

Then I went to visit my friend in the hospital. I can't tell how much it was scary because of the arrangement of the space and how much it was that I remember being in that hospital with my son nine years ago. He had a serious kidney infection that led eventually to surgery. My daughter was just 3 months old at the time but my son wanted me with him so my husband would drive to the hospital and I would go down to the car and nurse my daughter there.

No comments: