Tuesday, July 04, 2006

off to Concord


I wasn't looking forward to the 4th of July, but we had a regular swim practice (at 5:30 am!) and then I did a 6 mile run (slowly). When I got home it was 85 degrees and I was tired of the heat, but we went on a family expedition picking blueberries and it felt pleasant compared to running in the heat. I made low sugar blueberry jam using Ball Fruit Jell no-sugar-needed pectin. Actually I did use some sugar--one and a half cups for 5 cups of crushed fruit plus a cup of blueberry-apple juice. The taste is quite promising but I don't know yet if it will set.

I did some final preparation on my workshop for the Thoreau Society Annual Gathering. It is going to be a hectic trip--a full program and I also need to keep track of an online course I am teaching starting Friday and want to run and bike and get in a swim across Walden pond with the Boston Triathlon Team.

No comments: